You, or your band could open a festival with Chester Rocks Unsigned 2012
Chester Rocks Unsigned Artists 2012 could be your opportunity to play to an audience of thousands. The Chester Rocks festival takes place every year at the World Famous Chester Racecourse. The festival is only its second year, but has an even bigger line-up, with even bigger acts than those of 2011. Over two days, this year’s festival will be host to Manchester’s finest, The Courteeners, pop princess Pixie Lott, Tinchy Stryder, Liverpool Britpop favourites Cast, Katy B, Labrinth, The Rifles, and many, many more top acts.
Music festivals have often provided a great opportunity for unsigned artists to have their work listened to, and enjoyed on stage equal to their signed, or even ‘famous’ contemporaries. Chester Rocks embraces this idea wholeheartedly. This year, Chester Rocks Unsigned Artists 2012 is giving an artist, act or band the opportunity to open the festival from the main stage!
Submit a demo to be in with a chance…
The Chester Rocks festival is the biggest musical event in Chester’s musical calendar (that’s not a calendar that plays music, by the way…), and as such, if you want your music to be heard, there are few better stages for you to be playing on. The Chester Rocks Unsigned Artists 2012 competition is being run in association with Dee 106.3 Radio, Telford’s Warehouse and Dawsons Music Chester, with a judging panel comprising representatives from each. Gavin Matthews will be judging for Dee 106.3, mike Devoy from Telford’s Warehouse, and our very own Sam Salisbury representing Dawsons/ Farida Guitars.
If you would like the chance to open the Chester Rocks festival this year, submit a demo in CD format to either Telford’s Warehouse in Chester, or our Chester Dawsons branch between 23rd March and 13th April. The judging panel will whittle this down to a shortlist of five acts. These will perform at a final at Telford’s Warehouse on 31st May. The winner will be announced on the night, and will take the coveted opening slot.
This is great opportunity for any up and coming musical act. So what are you waiting for? Get to it!
If you have any queries about the Chester Rocks Unsigned Artists Competition, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Terms and conditions are listed below.
- Competition open to all unsigned acts
- Each participant must be a minimum 16 years of age
- The prize is 1 x opening slot at Chester Rocks 2012 on Saturday 16th June 2012
- All entries must be submitted in CD format to Telfords Warehouse, Tower Wharf, Chester, CH1 4EZ or Dawsons Music Chester, Pepper Street, Chester, CH1 1DF.
- Please note: Entries will not be valid if submitted to Chester Racecourse.
- No digital submissions will be accepted
- Entries to be submitted between 09:00 0n 26/03/2012 and 23:59 on 16/04/2012. Any entries received outside of these dates will be null and void.
- The shortlist for the 5 finalists will be announced on Friday 20th April.
Get the latest news and product announcements via our free newsletter (see above).
Share on Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments