The Gibson SG Diablo Premium Plus delivers a familiar spin on this classic
The Gibson SG Diablo Premium Plus has been launched, and it provides a new take on the SG, inspired by its older brother, the Les Paul. The result is one of the most ‘bling’ SGs you’ll ever see. However, it sacrifices none of the rebellious charm of the original.
Flamed maple top!
I’m sure you’ll all have noticed by now that the Gibson SG Diablo Premium Plus is features a stunning, carved, AAA flamed maple top (yes, maple on an SG!). This is mounted on a more traditional mahogany back.
Aside from the obvious, beautiful aesthetics, this also results in tone that differs from that of a standard SG. As with a Les Paul, the maple adds a brighter, snappier element to the tone, providing additional focus to the warmth, and power of the mahogany.
The neck is a more traditional affair. Made of mahogany and shaped to a rounded SG profile, this set neck is finished with a rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays. Locking Grover tuners and a Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece provide other, more commonly seen SG features.
The Gibson SG Diablo Premium Plus is loaded with a pair of Burstbucker Pro humbuckers. These provide plenty of thick, warm tone, and roaring overdriven tones, with the character of the original PAF pickups. Unusually, however, these are wired via a single master volume and master tone control, keeping things nice and simple.
Here are the Gibson SG Diablo Premium Plus ‘s key features:
- Carved AAA flamed maple top – flamed maple top, with mahogany back, resulting tone with more ‘snap’ and focused clarity
- Mahogany set-neck – slim, rounded profile with rosewood fingerboard and trapezoid inlays
- Twin Burstbucker Pro pickups – designed to have the character of vintage PAF pickups, but potted so that can withstand higher output levels
- Simplified controls – 3-way pickup selector, and a single master volume and master tone control
- Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Three finishes available - Iced Tea, Manhattan Midnight and Trans Black
To enquire about the availability of the Gibson SG Diablo Premium Plus, call our stores or customer service team (01925 582420).
Get the latest news and announcements via our free newsletter (see above).
Share on Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments