The Kawai ES7 is here, providing Kawai’s renowned quality in a slim line, portable package
The Kawai ES7 has been launched at the Summer NAMM show, adding another new model to the Kawai range. This model is a slim line, portable model. Beneath its svelte exterior, however, there is a huge piano waiting to break out…
Accurate recreation of the Kawai EX Concert Grand piano
The success of any digital piano is down to two main elements- the quality of its sound, and the quality of its keyboard action. In this regard, the Kawai ES7 is very well equipped. To generate its sound, it uses Kawai’s Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound technology.
This accurately samples the Kawai EX concert grand piano, and combines it with resonance modelling and reverb, to create a piano sound of extraordinary detail and realism. For those who like to tweak, and create their perfect piano sound, the Virtual Technician feature allows you to get ‘under the lid’ so to speak (virtually, at least).
Alongside piano sounds, the ES7 also has a selection of high quality, and highly useable electric pianos, organs, strings and other sounds at its disposal. In addition, a wide selection of rhythms accompaniment styles are available, to provide backing to whichever style you are playing in.
Fully weighted, graded hammer action keyboard
The keyboard featured on the Kawai ES7 is the acclaimed Responsive Hammer Action II. This model is a spring-less design that recreated the feel of an acoustic grand. The keys feature ivory feel key-tops, that absorb moisture and prevent slippage.
The key mechanism itself is reinforced throughout to provide a robust key bed, with the minimum of horizontal wobble. The ES7 keyboard is also graded. It has heavier bass keys and lighter treble keys, just like a real acoustic grand. A ‘let-off’ feature recreates the ‘notch’ felt when acoustic piano keys are pressed lightly.
Here is an overview of the Kawai ES7’s key features:
- Slim line Portable Design
- Stunning sound engine – Progressive Harmonic Imaging provides detailed recreation of a Kawai EX concert grand.
- Wide variety of on-board sounds – 32 sounds, from electric pianos and organs to strings, choirs and more
- Increased polyphony – 256 notes
- Rhythm Section – 100 styles available
- Four hands mode – split the keyboard into two independent keyboards, ideal for teaching or duets
- Built in speakers – 2 x 15Wspeaker system
- Song recorder and digital audio playback and recording – 2 track song recorder, plus WAV and MP3 playback and recording
- USB MIDI and USB to device connections – connect to a host computer as a MIDI keyboard via a USB MIDI socket, and backup data via a USB device connection
The Kawai ES7 has enormous amounts to offer, and its slim styling will no doubt appeal to those for whom space is at a premium. The ES7 is due to arrive very soon, call our stores or customer service team (01925 582420) for availability.
Get the latest news and announcements via our free newsletter (see above).
Share on Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments