Roland Announce R-Mix Audio Editing Software
Possibly the most intriguing of the new products announced at Roland Connect 2011, the Roland R-Mix Software package could well be the ‘holy grail’ for remixers, vocalists, in fact, performers of any kind. In essence an audio editor built on Roland’s Variphrase audio technology, R-Mix has several unique features which allow it manipulate stereo audio tracks in very useful ways…
Visual Audio Manipulation
Roland R-Mix represents stereo audio files as ‘clouds’ of colour coded spectral, harmonic information. This enables individual components of a complete mix to be isolated, effects added to them, pan positions adjusted and much more besides. The Variphrase technology enables R-Mix to change pitch or playback speed independently, and with no nasty ‘artefacts’.
In real terms, this means that you could, for instance, use Roland R-Mix to lower the level of a vocal on a stereo track, to create a backing track for Karaoke. Or, you could isolate a particular instrument in a recording for study, then slow it down whilst learning to play it. Remixers will love using this technology to create mash-ups, Variphrase making this a snip. Other uses for R-Mix include cleaning-up old recordings, and stereo mastering.
Summary of Key Features
- Roland R-Mix allows the user to isolate and manipulate individual elements within a stereo mix
- Create tracks with particular elements drastically reduced in level (e.g. a vocal could be reduced in level to create a Karaoke backing track)
- Variphrase technology allows pitch and playback speed to altered drastically without sounding unnatural. Backing tracks can be transposed, or tempo adjusted for practise or performance
- R-Mix tools can be employed to isolate and manipulate musical elements to easily create mash-ups or remixes
- Ideal for cleaning-up old recordings
- Windows and Mac compatible
Roland R-Mix should be arriving very soon, and promises to deliver a box of, what are in reality, very complex audio tools with an interface that makes previously impossible edits a breeze. Call our stores or customer service team (01925 582420) for more information. To keep up to date with the latest product information, sign up to our newsletter (see above).
Share on Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments