While some multitrack recorder die-hards simply refuse to connect any instrument they own to any of these newfangled “computers” that everyone talks about, the Zoom R16 looks to remedy this.
The new Zoom R16 recorder is three production tools in one incredibly versatile device. It’s a digital multi-track recorder, an audio interface and a control
surface, providing you with all the tools necessary to create studio-quality recordings anywhere you need to. With the ability to record up to 8 tracks simultaneously, it’s easy to capture a live band or even a complete drum kit.
The Zoom R16 features built-in stereo condenser microphones for field recording or quick, convenient “sketch-pad” capturing of ideas. It also provides 8 balanced combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs, for an ideal 8 x 2 audio interface as well.
Use the Zoom R16 to control each function of your favourite DAW software for easy mixing with fine-tuned control. Incorporate any of the 100+ built-in studio effects to enhance your recording and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound. You can even connect two Zoom R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording. With the new Zoom R16, versatility, control and comprehensive features come together in a single device that puts the power to produce professional recordings right at your fingertips.
The Zoom R16 is due in June with a RRP of £429.99
Multitrack Recorder Features on the Zoom R16:
• The world’s first digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous
recording that utilizes Secure Digital (SD) memory.
• High-definition 24-bit/48kHz linear PCM recording in WAV format
• Built-in stereo condenser microphones
• Includes 1GB SD Card and supports cards up to 32GB SDHC card which allows
108 hours 12minutes recording with 16bit/ 44.1kHz linear PCM format
• Allows simultaneous recording on up to 8 tracks to capture a live band or
• Battery operation for remote recording
• USB power for studio operation
Surface Controller Features on the Zoom R16:
• Control each function of your favorite DAW software from the R16 via USB for
• Mackie control emulation for popular DAW software including Cubase, Live, Logic,
Digital Performer & More.
USB Audio Interface Features on the Zoom R16:
• 8 Mic inputs/ 2 Outputs (8 x 2)
• 8 balanced combination XLR 1/4″ inputs
• High-definition 24-bit/ 96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
• Built-in effects on R16 can be used as outboard effects as well.
• 1 Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar or bass
• 48V phantom power on 2 channels.
Other highlights of the Zoom R16:
• Over 100 built-in effects coming from advanced DSP
• Amazing guitar amp and effect models of the most guitar and bass amplifiers
• Professional quality mastering effects, multi-band compressor, normaliser and
• USB host function allows to use USB storage device for quick data transfer
• Connect 2x R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of
simultaneous recording capability.
• Undo/ redo functions
• Supports Windows XP/ Vista, Macintosh operating systems
To request more information (as soon as we know it!) simply fill in the details and we’ll get back in touch.
Share on Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments