The perfect mix of sleek, simple, intuitive design and advanced technology, the GT-001 Guitar Effects Processor gives you the power of Boss’s flagship GT-100 (Version 2.0) in a compact, desktop unit that’s easy to use and the perfect size for your home studio or mobile rig.
Unrestricted, the Boss GT-001 offers an XLR mic input and USB audio/MIDI interface. With this versatility you can capture vocals or mic up an acoustic instruments, and run them through it, and then onto your DAW. It doesn’t end there either, with dual amps and effects chains and flexible routing options, alongside the new guitar-to-MIDI function that allows you to use Guitar Friend Jam and other computer programs from a normal guitar input. Also, download the free software, Boss Tone Studio, and you can easily alter tones from your computer and get access to free studio-ready patches available from Boss Tone Central.
With architecture similar to that of a GT-100 that has received the Version 2.0 update, you have the same COSM amps on the Boss GT-001 Guitar Effects Processor and you can share patch data between the two. Whether it’s for recording, or a sophisticated jamming session, the Boss GT-001 brings you total power over your sound, with serious options. These include: dual effects chains for you to use two amps with series/parallel effects routings, channel divide for switching effects chains manually or according to frequency or playing dynamics, and adjustable left/right mixing.
As a music production tool, the Boss GT-001 is again, extremely powerful. Connecting to your computer (Mac or Windows) via just a USB, the guitar effects processor becomes an audio interface. This allows you to use easily capture the unit’s amps and effects in your DAW, with four channels providing recording, re-amping, and mixing flexibility.
The Boss GT 001 Guitar Effects Processor also gives you versatility in how you power it, with both AC adaptor (included) and USB bus-power options making it perfect for any setup.
XLR Mic Input with Phantom Power
With an XLR input equipped with phantom power, the Boss GT 001 Guitar Effects Processor allows you to capture vocals and acoustic instruments, with high recording quality. Furthermore, the GT-001 is supplied with specially designed patches specifically designed for vocals and acoustic instruments.
In addition, when you’re away from your computer you can connect a smart phone or drum machine via the Boss GT-001’s stereo aux input.
Monophonic Guitar-to-MIDI Function
Thanks to the newly developed monophonic guitar-to-MIDI function, you can now use your guitar (with no special pickup added) to play soft synths and other MIDI instruments in your computer. This is also a fun addition to use when using Roland’s Guitar Friend Jam software.
Boss Tone Studio
Boss Tone Studio is a free download available for both Mac and Windows systems, which really opens up the possibilities available to you with the Boss GT-001. Connecting the guitar effects processor via USB, you can use this software to create and edit effects, and organise and archive patches, ready to be loaded on the GT-001, as and when they’re needed.
The Boss Tone Studio interface also gives you access to the Boss Tone Central website. This is a hub of instructional videos, artist tips, and patches that have been created by top guitarists and are available to download for free. You can even customise these patches back in Boss Tone Studio.
Manufacturer BOSS Model GT-001 Guitar Effects Processor Dimensions (H x W x D) 58 x 211 x 135 mm Weight 0.5kg AD Conversion 24 bits + AF method
* AF method (Adaptive Focus method): This is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
DA Conversion 24 bits Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz Patches 200 (User) + 200 (Preset) Effect Type
- COMP, PREAMP(*1), OD/DS(*2), EQ, FX1/FX2(*3), DELAY, CHORUS, REVERB, PEDAL FX, NS1/NS2, ACCEL FX
- *1 PREAMP
- NATURAL CLEAN, FULL RANGE, COMBO CRUNCH, STACK CRUNCH, HiGAIN STACK, POWER DRIVE, EXTREME LEAD, CORE METAL, JC-120, CLEAN TWIN, PRO CRUNCH, TWEED, DELUXE CRUNCH, VO DRIVE, VO LEAD, MATCH DRIVE, BG LEAD, BG DRIVE, MS1959 I, MS1959 I+II, R-FIER VINTAGE, R-FIER MODERN, T-AMP LEAD, SLDN, 5150 DRIVE, BGNR UB METAL, ORNG ROCK REVERB, CUSTOM
- *2 OD/DS
- MID BOOST, CLEAN BOOST, TREBLE BOOST, CRUNCH, NATURAL OD, WARM OD, FAT DS, LEAD DS, METAL DS, OCT FUZZ, A-DIST, BLUES OD, OD-1, T-SCREAM, TURBO OD, DIST, RAT, GUV DS, DST+, METAL ZONE, '60S FUZZ, MUFF FACE, CUSTOM
- *3 FX1/FX2
- T.WAH, AUTO WAH, SUB WAH, ADV. COMP, LIMITER, SUB OD/DS, GRAPHIC EQ, PARA EQ, TONE MODIFY, GUITAR SIM., AC.GUITAR SIM, SLOW GEAR, DEFRETTER, WAVE SYNTH, SITAR SIM., OCTAVE, PITCH SHIFTER, HARMONIST, OVERTONE, SOUND HOLD, AC. PROCESSOR, PHASER, FLANGER, TREMOLO, ROTARY1, ROTARY2, UNI-V, PAN, SLICER, VIBRATO, RING MOD., HUMANIZER, 2X2 CHORUS, SUB DELAY, TERA ECHO
- * A-DIST is available in OD/DS and in SUB OD/DS of FX2.
- * OVERTONE and TERA ECHO are only available in FX2.
Nominal Input Level
- GUITAR IN: -10 dBu
- MIC IN: -40 dBu
- AUX IN: -20 dBu
- GUITAR IN: 1 M ohm
- MIC IN: 4 k ohms
- AUX IN: 27 k ohms
Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT L/MONO, R: -10 dBu
- PHONES: -10 dBu
- OUTPUT L/MONO, R: 2 k ohms
- PHONES: 44 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
- OUTPUT L/MONO, R: 10 k ohms or greater
- PHONES: 44 ohms or greater
Display Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD) Connectors
- GUITAR IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIC IN jack:XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT (L/Mono, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- CTL/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- DC IN jack
Power Supply AC adaptor or obtained via USB port (USB bus power) Current Draw 240 mA Accessories
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
Options (sold separately)
- Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- Expression Pedal: FV-500L/500H, Roland EV-5
- Customer Reviews
Write Your Own Review