Boss SYB-5 Bass Synth PedalStock code: 53501
Rollover image to zoom in View large Image
Out of Stock
- Buy any 2 Boss compacts and register with Boss before the 31st of December to get a FREE BCB-30 pedal case!
- 11 DSP variations of Saw, Square, and Pulse synth waves
- Control filter cutoff and LFO rate via EV-5 Expression Pedal (sold separately)
- Enhanced Wave Shape Mode provides sharper sounds
- Hold notes with the onboard pedal and jam over the top
The Boss SYB-5 Enhanced Bass Synthesizer Pedal takes it's origins from the renowned SYB-3, the pioneering pedal that first introduced bass synth effects to the compact pedal market. The SYB5 uses DSP technology to turn your bass guitar tone into biting, warm analogue synth sounds that can be used for great tone and simple synth sounds, all the way to more experimental unusual textures.
The key purpose of the Boss SYB-5 bass synth is to reproduce the sounds of classic analogue synths, and provide the fat bass sounds that a standard electric bass guitar cannot achieve. In classic synth style you get control of waveforms to build your sound (a choice of 11, featuring variations of saw, square and pulse waveforms). From there you can add in a filter, with cutoff and LFO rate control (if you use an expression pedal into the expression input). A sharp mode lets you get more cutting sounds too.
Extending the devices potential further, there is a note hold mode that lets you sustain a held note, while you freely jam over the top. This is both extremely fun and useful for solo performance and practice. This is a very useful synth, and sounds much bigger than it's compact size would suggest!