The Electro Harmonix C9 Organ Machine guitar effects pedal carries on in the unique vein of its sibling the B9 - which was praised for its highly innovative design -, turn your guitar and/or keyboard into a magnificent electric organ. Packing a wide selection of presets that designed to ensure that your tonal experimentation is an exhilarating ride, the C9 allows you to master the tones of some of rock's masters including: Ray Manzarek, Jon Lord, Keith Emerson, The Beatles, and Led Zeppelin. It is another a phenomenal achievement by the team at EHX.
As we've come to expect from the team at EHX, the control layout is easy to navigate, enabling you to get on with craving and shaping your tone with minimal effort. Across the top panel are four control knobs: Dry Volume; Organ Volume; Mod (Modulation); Click; Tone Wheel. Getting started couldn't be easier, plug your guitar/keyboard into the input jack, and connect your amp to the organ output jack. Set the Dry knob to minimum, and all the other top row knobs to mid position. Select your desired preset using the Tone Wheel pot, and step on the footswitch to turn on the LED. Play your instrument and adjust controls to your liking. Simple!
The Dry volume knob controls the volume of the untreated instrument level at the Organ output, whilst the Organ volume knob controls the overall volume of the Organ preset. Therefore, you can blend the two levels to create your own unique tone. The Mod knob controls the speed of modulation, and this is dependent on the type of preset you choose. The Click knob controls the percussive click level, to simulate the percussion effect on vintage organs. The click is only added to the very first note/chord played, and will only re-trigger when held notes have been released, and the amplitude falls below a certain threshold. The gives a truer representation of an organ's response, allowing you to sculpt the attack to suit your playing style.
Wealth of presets
The order of presets from (1 to 9) is: Tone Wheel, Prog, Compact, Shimmer, Lord Purple, Mello Flutes, Blimp, Press Tone, and Telstar. Each one has its own unique character, with its own accompanying style of modulation. At your disposal is a range of readily accessible effects that pay homage to classic models. Whether you're looking to recreate quite specific artists and their tones, or looking to shape your own legendary signature, it is all down to the simple turn of a pot. A detailed description of each preset is included in our "Specifications" section.
Solid EHX build quality
As with every Electro Harmonix product, the C9 Organ Machine is built in New York City, to a very high standard of quality. Each knob feels smooth and responds cleanly, whilst the EHX bypass circuitry prevents your dry signal from becoming coloured by unwanted noise. Latency is non-existent, so you can be sure that what you play is what you hear.
Whether you're looking to recreate some of Jon Lord's finest moments, take on the madness that is Iron Butterfly's "In A Gadda Da Vida" single-handedly, noodle away happily at home, or take your live tones to another level, then the Electro Harmonix C9 Organ Machine effects pedal is the enigmatic little beauty to help you on your way. Pair it with a B9 Organ Machine, and become an unstoppable musical force!
Manufacturer Electro Harmonix Model C9 Organ Machine Guitar Effects Pedal Dimensions (H x W x D) 89 x 121 x 102 mm Effect Type Organ Presets Tone Wheel, Prog, Compact, Shimmer, Lord Purple, Mello Flutes, Blimp, Press Tone, Telstar Preset Descriptions
- 1. Tone Wheel - Classic tone wheel-esque organ sound. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
- 2. Prog – Paying homage to the massive sound of Keith Emerson of Emerson Lake and Palmer. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of two intervals: a fifth above and an octave below.
- 3. Compact - This preset imitates a sound similar to Ray Manzarek’s tone on the Door’s “Light My Fire.” MOD type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
- 4. Shimmer - This preset is based on an effect made popular by Brain Eno and Daniel Lanois. MOD adjusts the attack time. CLICK controls the sustain amount.
- 5. Lord Purple – Our salute to the Jon Lord-ish type organ sound of Deep Purple. The ORGAN level controls the level of one set of 3 drawbars. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of a second set of 3 drawbars.
- 6. Mello Flutes – A tribute to the classic Mellotron flute tape sound of The Beatles’ song “Strawberry Fields Forever.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the depth of the vibrato.
- 7. Blimp - Led Zeppelin type sound. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
- 8. Press Tone – EHX’s nod to the great organ sound found on The Beatles’ song “Let It Be.” MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
- 9. Telstar - Envisions the legendary sound of a Clavioline as used on The Tornadoes song “Telstar.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
Included Accessories EHX 9.6DC-200 Power Supply Unit
- Customer Reviews
Write Your Own Review