Trevor James TJ 10X MKIII FluteStock code: 32458
Rollover image to zoom in View large Image
- Silver plate headjoint
- Closed hole
- Split E mechanism and offset G
- New advanced headjoint features -Very easy and free blowing
- Double skin yellow pads - Carefully worked by the Trevor James technicians to give an accurate airtight seal
- Felts instead of cork under the tail arms – Very quiet mechanism
- New triple plated finishing - Copper plating (silver does not adhere well on nickel but affixes excellently to copper), Silver plating
- All-in-one ‘Prolite’ case with shoulder strap and handle.
- Fine care and attention to the finishing of all key work.
- Greater accuracy and tightness of all fitting of the key assembly - Gives a secure and positive feel to the student.
- New non scratch plastic cleaning rod.
- Finger grooves on inside of case - Assists player taking flute out of the case without touching the mechanism.
- 5 year guarantee!
The Trevor James TJ10x III Flute is one of the most popular student flutes on the market today, and when played it becomes apparent why this is so. The instrument is so easy to play and remarkably free-blowing, allowing even a complete novice to obtain a sweet, focused tone straight away.
The lip plate on the TJ10x is designed with the beginning student in mind and is shaped to allow optimum air flow across the embouchure hole. This means that a clear, strong tone can be achieved in a short space of time. This gives the player the motivation to practice and the confidence to perform- both of which are essential for any budding musician.
Traditionally, student flutes are made of nickel, then silver or nickel-plated. The head joint and body of the TJ10x is the first flute to be triple-plated. The head and body are initially coated with copper because the final silver-plate adheres much better to copper than it does to nickel. This increases the durability of the finish and prevents 'bubbling' of the silver-plate which is so often seen on student flutes.
The mechanism is strong and reliable on the TJ10x. Set-up by Trevor James' UK based technicians, the key work is finished to a high standard. The double skin yellow pads are inspected and adjusted for that all-important airtight seal and the key assembly is thoroughly checked for accuracy and tightness- this allows for a more comfortable feel under the fingers.
This flute is also available with a curved head joint to allow easier reach and improved posture for the smaller player.
The TJ10x comes in a lightweight 'Prolite' case (with shoulder strap) with a plastic non-scratch cleaning rod. It also comes with a 5 year manufacturer's guarantee.
Jasmine Ducker, Dawsons Music Basingstoke
|Key Stage||Key Stage 2, Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4|
|Manufacturers Link||Trevor James TJ 10X MKIII Flute|