Vox AC30HW2 Hand Wired Greenback 2x12 Combo AmpStock code: 89797
Rollover image to zoom in View large Image
- Hand-wired turret board construction
- Birch-ply cabinets featuring solid bracing and a natural high frequency diffuser
- All-tube design
- ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes (x3)
- EL84 power tube quartet; (AC30 models); EL84 Duet (AC15 models)
- GZ34 rectifier (AC30 models); EZ81 rectifier (AC15 models)
- Fitted with matched Ruby Tubes that provide extended dynamic range
- Traditional VOX two-channel design.
There may never have been an amp boasting such a lofty and pure sound in the entire history of VOX. The VOX Hand-Wired Series relies on the painstaking technique of turret board hand-wiring – a method requiring a high level of skill and craftsmanship – is used, resulting in wiring that's beautiful in its artistry, ensuring an efficient signal path with minimal loss and no restriction in amplitude. In the Hand-Wired Series, tubes, transformers, speakers, chassis, and custom parts all join together in an ideal state to deliver the richest and most powerful sonic experience – the ultimate amp. Not bound by tradition, the VOX Hand-Wired Series also provides a variety of new functions that keep pace with the needs of today's artists. Offering a rich variety of tonal shadings and a broad model lineup, the enormous potential of the VOX Hand-Wired Series will reveal itself in any musical scenario.
Constructed for ideal sound and power
Turret board hand-wired amps are every amp designer's ideal and every guitarist's dream, representing the ultimate in amplifier construction. Hand-wired amps are assembled entirely by hand, requiring staggering levels of technical expertise and care; and as such are often exclusive to today’s limited productions or high-end models. The VOX Hand-Wired Series pairs these demanding methods with rigorously-selected custom parts. These premium components are wired with a truly artistic degree of perfection. The result is that the subtle nuances of the guitarist's touch, the guitar's audio signature, and the natural character of the vacuum tubes are passed with perfect transparency to the speakers.
True all-tube design – preamp, power amp, and rectifier
The VOX Hand-Wired Series is a true all-tube amplifier, employing vacuum tubes in the preamp, power amp, and rectifier. The preamp uses three classic ECC83/12AX7 tubes. Depending on the amplifier wattage, the power stage uses either a quartet (AC30 models) or a duet (AC15 models) of EL84 tubes. The VOX Hand Wired Series use a tube rectifier. The AC30 models feature a GZ34 rectifier tube; while the AC15 models use an EZ81 tube. These three elements, when combined, provide the vibrant, organic and unmistakable tone that is the heart of the classic VOX sound.
Two-channel design: Top Boost and Normal
The VOX Hand-Wired Series preserves the traditional VOX two-channel design, providing a Top Boost channel and a Normal channel. True to form, the Top Boost channel delivers the legendary AC30 sound with a fully interactive tone stack. VOX has also added a new and unique HOT/COOL switch. The COOL setting produces the orthodox Top Boost sound, while the HOT setting bypasses the tone circuitry altogether to create a more pure sound to achieve richer gain. A VFS1 footswitch is included with your VOX Hand-Wired Series amp, so you can quickly change between COOL and HOT, right at those moments when you need an extra dose of drive. The controls for the Normal channel consist simply of a volume knob, giving you a cleaner and more natural tube sound. In addition, this channel offers a BRIGHT switch that, when engaged, adds emphasis to the upper harmonics of the tone.
|Output Power||30 Watts RMS into 8/16 Ohms|
|Tube Complement||Preamp: ECC83/12AX7 (x3), Power amp: EL84 (x4), Rectifier: GZ34|
|Speakers||12” Celestion G12M Green Back (x2); 8 Ohm|
|Inputs||NORMAL Channel Jacks HIGH (x1); LOW (x1)|
|TOP BOOST Channel Jacks HIGH (x1); LOW (x1)|
|FOOT SWITCH Jack|
|Outputs||POWER OUTPUT Jacks (x2 for external/extension speakers)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||705 x 260 x 550 mm / 27.76 x 10.24 x 21.65 inches|
|Weight||30.8 kg / 67.9 lbs.|
|Included items||Power cable, VFS1 footswitch, Dust cover|
- Top Boost and Normal. High and Low inputs for each channel
- The Normal channel provides an additional BRIGHT switch.
- The top boost channel provides a HOT/COOL switch to achieve even more gain
- Master Volume/BYPASS switch completely bypasses the Master Volume section
- OP mode switch cut the amp’s Output Power level in half
- Vintage fawn-colored vinyl, reminiscent of the 1960 classic AC30
- Choose either Celestion Alnico Blue or Celestion G12M Greenback
- VFS1 footswitch controlls the Top Boost channel's HOT/COOL switch
- A premium, custom-fit dust cover is included with every model