The Akai Force Standalone Music Production and DJ Performance System represents the ultimate in a new generation of standalone instruments that allow you to play, perform and produce with professional results. Merging clip-launching, step sequencing, sampling, synth engines and tactile touch screen control into a single, powerful unit, the Force is indeed a Force to be reckoned with.
Command and control
Right at the centre of the Akai Force experience lies a crystal-clear multi-functional display. From this "heart" of the Force, you can launch Clips, browse your sounds, edit MIDI data, manipulate samples, apply XYFX, sculpt synth sounds and much, much more! The screen itself 7-inch, full colour and supports capacitive multi-touch, no lag, just instant, flowing operation.
In addition to the screen, the Akai comes loaded with tactile control solutions so you can express your musical self with complete freedom. Discover new ways to enhance your performance via 360-degree rotary encoders with OLED feedback, trigger scenes, clips and sequence with the 8x8 RGB pads. Real-time performance is simply staggeringly efficient with the Akai Force.
Liberate your performance
The Akai Force packs in 4 incredibly powerful, fully-editable synth engines:
- Hype: Wavetable, subtractive, FM and sampling
- Tubesynth: Classic vintage analogue polysynth
- Bassline: Classic monosynth with integrated AIR effects
- Electric: Classic ePiano simulation with AIR effects
The versatility of these engines means you can create layers of music to work alongside all of your sample data. They can be controlled via the Force itself or by connecting a MIDI-enabled controller keyboard.
Akai - the mother of sampling
Since the Akai S900, born in 1986, Akai has proven decade after decade that they are at the top of their game when it comes to sampling prowess. The Force opens up access to real-time sampling that can be edited on-the-fly making the entire process of music-creation as unique as possible. If you can sample it, you can make music out of it. The Force is certainly one of the machines that will be involved in the next generation of EDM hits around the world.
Designed to grow with you
The Akai Force maybe exceptionally capable as a standalone unit, but it was also designed to work in harmony with your existing rig. The full MIDI capability is complemented with CV/Gate outputs, Mic connectivity, instrument audio inputs and USB for loading and saving your data. But what's even more impressive is the ability to connect SATA drives (both SSD and HDD) so that as you create, you will never have to worry about hitting any data storage limits!
Truly, the first of its kind, the Akai Force Standalone Music Production and DJ Performance System disrupts the standalone music production unit. The only question is, what will you make with it?
Force Firmware Update v3.0.1
Akai Professional has announced the release of a 3.0.1 update that introduces a number of new features and workflow refinements to this ground-breaking live performance and music production device:
- Updated recording preferences allowing users to use fixed length clip recording
- Improved auditioning of samples and loops within Force's browser - now, files with embedded tempo information will audition in sync with Force's master BPM
- Drum program enhancements - users can mute or solo pads in a drum program using Force's hardware control surface
- Force can now load FLAC and OGG files
- The AIR dynamics plugins Compressor, Channel Strip, Maximiser, Transient and Noise Gate now have metering to clearly indicate the input/output levels and the amount of gain reduction applied
Manufacturer Akai Model Force Dimensions (WxDxH) 350 x 389 x 72.5mm Weight 8.53 lbs. / 3.87kg Pads (64) velocity and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit Knobs (8) 360° touch-sensitive knobs
(1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
(5) 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
Buttons 6.9”/176mm (diagonal)
5.9” x 3.7”/150 x 93mm (width x height)
Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
Connections (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
(4) 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS outputs (2 stereo pairs)
(1) 1/4” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output
(1) 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI input
(1) 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI output
(1) 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI thru port
(4) 1/8” (3.5mm) CV/Gate outputs
(1) Ethernet link port
(2) USB Type-A ports
(1) USB Type-B port
(1) SD card slot
(1) power adapter input
Firmware Version 3.0.1 Power Via power adapter: 19V, 3.42A, centre-positive, included
Write Your Own Review