Dry your eyes mate and check out these bangers!
February 14th can be as divisive as Christmas Day for some, not everyone is filled with that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. For all you cynics out there, those getting over a break up or going through a rough patch, we’ve put together a playlist of tunes that’ll help you forget those blues. Crank up these bad boys and dance until you’re knackered, sing or scream until you’re breathless.
Disclaimer for the pedants – the tracks are in no particular order so don’t get irate over it. We’ve done this in the hope that you’ll work your way through the list and stumble upon something you’ve not heard before.
Also, if there are any absolute must haves that we’ve missed out then let us know, we’re always on the lookout for some new music (or old stuff that’s new to us) to get us through the day.
1. “50 Ways To Leave Your Lover” by Paul Simon
2. “Rearviewmirror” by Pearl Jam
3. “Everything About You” by Ugly Kid Joe
4. “Monkey Wrench” by Foo Fighters
5. “Open Road Song” by Eve 6
6. “Should I Stay or Should I Go” by The Clash
7. “Since U Been Gone” by A Day To Remember
8. “You’re In Love with a Psycho” by Kasabian
9. “El Pastor” by Delta Sleep
10. “Juxtapozed With U” by Super Furry Animals
11. “You Could Be Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
12. “What I Got” by Sublime
13. “Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)” by Deftones
14. “Take It Easy” by Eagles
Jon is a multi-instrumentalist with a passion for inspiring others to get involved in making music. After spending many years playing venues here, there and – pretty much – everywhere, he joined the Dawsons’ Music Web Team before progressing into his current role managing the Dawsons Blog.