Those boffins at BOSS have done it again…
WAZA technology has already made the Katana amp range a revolutionary triumph in tone for guitarists at home, in the studio and on the stage. Now their BOSS Waza-Air Wireless Personal Guitar Amplification System pushes sonic boundaries even further. Incorporating breakthrough BOSS spatial technology, you truly have the freedom to roam and rock out like never before.
How does Waza-Air work?
In a nutshell, the personal amp system comprises a pair of over-ear headphones with built-in wireless technology. Utilising an integrated gyro sensor and BOSS spatial tech, a natural “amp-in-room” tone is created as you move around in a 3D space, delivering tones that are as rich and resonant as you could hope for.
BOSS use terms like “3D ambience” and “dynamic sound localization”, which roughly translates as matching the playing experience you’d expect if there was an amp stack placed in the corner of the room. Essentially, these beauties create an immersive experience that is every bit as awesome as you can imagine.
There’s nothing wrong with practising via headphones with a standard amp, we’re not about to slate that now. But if it could be better, then that’s never a bad thing, right? Well, that’s where the BOSS Waza-Air comes in by restoring the natural dimension, resonance, and “moving air” feel that can be lost with traditional headphones. Add to that the gyro sensor’s ability to track your head movements, knitting together complex 3D algorithms to synthesize spatial realism and you’re in a very different world altogether.
The BOSS Waza-Air advanced ambience setups are so complex that they allow you to choose from three realistic environments to play in: Surround, Static, and Stage.
Surround mode places the amp in a virtual room, providing an immersive experience like playing in a recording studio.
Static mode changes the combined amp and room sound depending on where you move your head.
Stage mode lets you step into the spotlight, with the amp sound coming from a virtual backline behind you.
Whatever mood you’re in you can rock out on your terms!
As noted above, the Waza-Air is totally wireless using built-in Bluetooth connectivity so that you can roam freely. You can access the BOSS Tone Studio and jam along with songs/backing tracks from your smartphone or tablet. When you’re in Stage mode the streaming music plays from the backline, putting you front and centre of your very own virtual band. You can even control song volume and playback directly on the BOSS Waza Air without having to go near your device.
Completely wireless? Yep!
If you’re familiar with BOSS’ WL series, then you’ll already know how good they are. For those who aren’t, the WL Series offers imperious wireless tone transmission with premium sound quality and ultra-low latency that is the stuff of dreams for those who want to abandon cables. The Waza-Air uses the same tech, and even has built-in Auto Standby and Wake functions to conserve battery life and minimising the need to plug in and recharge. Less faffing and more playing!
Super comfortable performance
Boasting large, custom designed 50mm drivers, BOSS Waza-Air is perfect for long stints of playing guitar or simply listening to music. The soft earpads and wide headband minimise pressure and allow the Waza-Air to conform perfectly to the shape of your head. Add to that BOSS’ reputation for building solid gear that seemingly lasts forever and you’ve got a playing partner for life. They even fold down and the earpieces can swivel flat to allow the Waza-Air to be taken anywhere and everywhere you go.
Quick feature list
- Comfortable over-ear guitar sound system with wireless connectivity, premium amp and effect tones, Bluetooth audio streaming, and sound editing via your smartphone
- Advanced BOSS spatial technology and integrated gyro sensor deliver natural “amp-in-room” tone with 3D ambience and dynamic sound localization
- Five unique amp types derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, including a full-range voice for bass or acoustic/electric guitar
- Access over 50 customizable effects in the BOSS Tone Studio app
- Integrated BOSS wireless technology provides exceptional sound quality with ultra-low latency
- Easy-to-use controls for guitar volume and Bluetooth audio playback, plus instant access to six user-configurable tone settings
- Large, custom-designed 50 mm drivers deliver premium audio quality with rich, full sound
- Conforming earpads ensure optimum driver performance for uncompromised guitar tone
- Wide headband provides comfort for long playing sessions
- Durable construction with deluxe chrome-plated metal parts
- Versatile two-way design folds down for compact storage or flat transport in a guitar bag pocket
- Built-in rechargeable batteries with auto standby/wake function to conserve battery life
- Up to five hours of play time with the headphones and up to 12 hours with the included WL-T Transmitter
- Wirelessly edit, organize, and download tones with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Unique onboard tuner function with audible tones that guide your tuning; visual chromatic tuner also available in the BOSS Tone Studio app
Head to the Dawsons Music website now to grab your BOSS Waza-Air Wireless Personal Guitar Amplification System now!
Jon has a passion for inspiring others to get involved in making music. After spending many years playing here, there and – pretty much – everywhere, he joined the Dawsons Music Web Team before progressing into his current role as Content Manager. Favourite things: My LTD MH-400NT, a decent brew, and Ron Swanson.