eCommerce Operations Manager
The continual growth of our business online has resulted in the creation of this exciting new role, which will play an integral part of the next stage of our online expansion.
We are seeking a commercially minded eCommerce Operations Manager to manage all aspects of the online order operation, from order receipt to dispatch, to enhance the overall customer experience and deliver the commercial objectives.
This is a Senior Management role that reports into the Managing Director. Suitable candidates are likely to have a passion for eCommerce and Customer Service.
To deliver a highly efficient and cost effective online order operation that meets the Company commercial objectives and delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer journey.
- Manage the eCommerce order management process from order receipt to dispatch to ensure all orders are processed efficiently and timely (ideally same day dispatch)
- Manage the eCommerce returns process, ensuring a cost effective and efficient service
- Identify initiatives that will improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the order management process, both systemically and physically (including the warehouse, dispatch & courier operations) and manage through to successful implementation
- Ensure the Company continually meets or exceeds customer demands on service, delivery & returns
- Continually refine the customer journey, identifying initiatives to keep us at the forefront of customer service developments
- Ensure all customer contact is of a high standard
- Provide relevant colleagues with considered estimates on future volumes, especially for peak trading periods
- Work closely with relevant colleagues in eCommerce, Buying, Retail, IT and Logistics
- Work closely with the Warehouse management and store dispatch teams
- Manage relevant third-party relationships, eg. couriers
- Minimum of 2 years in a comparable role
- Retail experience preferred but FMCG considered
- Experience of delivering efficiency improvements
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Organised, able to plan ahead and co-ordinate planned and unplanned activity
- Commercially minded and customer centric
- Able to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively
- Focussed attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Articulate and able to communicate effectively
- Practical, hands-on approach
- Energetic and able to lead and enthuse others
- An effective team worker who shows initiative and takes ownership of their responsibilities
- Able to work under pressure
Applicants should provide both their current salary and their salary expectations. Closing date is 30th April 2018. To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] before the closing date.
Please view our applicant privacy terms when applying which can be found here.