Utilising Roland’s new S1LKi DSP technology, the Mobile UA Audio Interface is an ultra-compact, USB bus-powered D/A converter that is capable of playing PCM and ultra-high-resolution DSD. It can also output up to 4-channels of low-latency audio, allowing for multiple listeners, or click tracks and cue monitoring in both studio and live environments.
New S1LKi Audio Engine
DSD, sampled at 2.8MHz, is supported, and, with the S1LKi audio engine at the helm, the unit can reproduce high quality 44.1 kHz audio, or other PCM audio with absolute accuracy. This conversion is kept smooth by utilising same type of 1-bit D/A converter used in DSD.
Dual High-Level Outputs
Simple, yes, but powerful too, the Roland Mobile UA Audio Interface is installed with two high-quality stereo mini-jacks. This allows two people to monitor simultaneously should you wish, or you can use one for main output and the other for click track or cue monitoring. Isolation from ambient sound and noise while monitoring is guaranteed with high-level headphone output giving 158 mW+158 mW (at 4 ohm load).
Roland VS Streaming
USB audio streaming and DSP are both handled by the same custom chip and the unit utilises Roland’s VS Streaming technology, for a consistently stable ASIO and low-latency performance.
Perfect for portable production or performance
The Roland Mobile UA is capable of fixing many issues that musicians of all genres face when performing or producing. The compact size of the interface makes it perfect for on-the-go production work, with superb high quality audio to help you make the best end product possible. The two super-loud stereo jack outputs are perfect for live performance, especially for DJs, who require main and cue outputs, or drummers, who require plenty of volume to be heard over and acoustic kit, as well as a click track and main output. Other potential uses for the Mobile UA include education, where the portability of the unit comes in to play, or simply enjoyment of super-high quality DSD audio at a sample rate 64 times a standard CD.
Manufacturer Roland Model Mobile UA Audio Interface Dimensions (H x W x D) 16 x 108.2 x 65 mm Weight 0.3 kg System Number of Audio Playback Channels
- PCM format: 4 channels / 2channels (selectable by "Output Mode")
- DSD format: 2 channels
- PCM format
- PC interface: 32 bits
- DA Conversion *1: 1 bit, 32 bits
- *1 When "S1LKi Mode" is valid, DA conversion operates on 1 bit.
- PC interface: 1 bit
- DA Conversion: 1 bit
- PCM format
- PC interface: 352.8 kHz *2, 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- DA Conversion *3: 3.072 MHz, 2.8224 MHz, 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz
- *2 If the sampling rate is 352.8 kHz, the number of channels is limited to two channels, and playback is possible only via ASIO/Core Audio.
- *3 When "S1LKi Mode" is valid, DA conversion operates on 3.072 MHz or 2.8224 MHz.
- DSD format:
- PC interface: 5.6448 MHz *4, 2.8224 MHz
- DA Conversion: 2.8224 MHz
*4 5.6448 MHz DSD data is down-converted to 2.8224 MHz for playback.
DSD Format Playback Method DoP version 1.0 Interface Hi-Speed USB Connectors
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- PHONES/LINE jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB port: USB Type micro B
Characteristics PHONES, PHONES/LINE
- Nominal Output Level: -4 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +14 dBu
- Maximum Output Power:
- 158 mW + 158 mW (L + R, 40 ohms)
- 44 mW + 44 mW (L + R, 300 ohms)
- Headroom: 18 dB
- Frequency Response:
- 192.0 kHz: 20 Hz–60 kHz (+0/-0.4 dB), 20 Hz–90 kHz (+0/-3 dB)
- 176.4 kHz: 20 Hz–60 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB), 20 Hz–80 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz–44 kHz (+0/-0.2 dB)
- 88.2 kHz: 20 Hz–40 kHz (+0/-0.2 dB)
- 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz–22 kHz (+0/-0.2 dB)
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz–20 kHz (+0/-0.2 dB)
- Residual Noise Level: -101 dBu typ. (IHF-A)
- Dynamic Range: 115 dB typ.
Others Power Supply USB Bus Power Current Draw 500 mA Accessories
- Owner’s Manual
- Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
- USB cable
Write Your Own Review