Designed for every member of the family, the RP501R is an ideal choice for anyone wanting to own a digital piano in the home. From absolute beginners to more advanced players, the Roland RP501R Digital Piano has something for everybody. Further to this, the onboard rhythm accompaniments offer a fun way to develop timing skill whilst playing along with ensembles as well as handy dual and split piano modes to make learning more fun.
Premium sound engine
As well as 11 different types of stunning Piano sounds generated by the superNATURAL sound engine, there are a further 305 tones for you to play with and be inspired by. There are also 8 different types of drum kit to create exciting rhythms with. Whatever your taste, the RP501R has something for everyone to express themselves in their own unique way.
Working in harmony with the amazing sounds of the Roland RP501R Digital Piano, you have playing surfaces that will make playing and learning an absolute pleasure. Roland's flagship PHA-4, weighted keyboard with Ivory feel takes authenticity to a new level.
Add to this the three integrated pedals just like an acoustic grand, including a Progressive Damper Action pedal that offers continuous response for traditional playing techniques. This lets new players experience a true piano experience as well as pleasing accomplished pianists that are used to playing Grand Pianos.
One of the greatest advantages of digital pianos are benefits such as rhythms and backing. The Roland RP501R Digital Piano has this in plentiful supply. 72 incredible backing styles all with variations provide the intelligent soundscape to your musical endeavours. These easy to use rhythms automatically follow the chords played on the keyboard and set the correct key as you play. Rock and jazz to Latin, reggae, modern electronic styles, and many others are all just a button press away with the RP501R.
Tools to inspire and encourage
Whether beginner or professional, practice is always welcome and the Roland RP501R has an arsenal of tools and tricks to guide you on the path to expressive playing. Free Roland apps for iOS devices provide a way to motivate and challenge younger learners, and provide intuitive graphical methods for advanced learning. This includes the piaScore app that gives you access to 70,000+ classical music scores!
The twin piano mode allows for a teacher to sit next to a student and split the piano so that both have access to the same range. This makes learning much more fluid and enjoyable for players. For times when practice may not be convenient due to noise restrictions, the Roland RP501R Digital Piano also has a headphone socket so silent practice is perfectly possible. The 3D ambiance effect also keeps that rich and authentic sound field that using headphones can sometimes diminish.
The Roland RP501R Digital Piano is typical of the grade of excellence that we have come to expect from this innovative company. Be it for a home and family learning environment, school or even as a resident piano for your venue, the Roland RP501R Digital Piano will deliver inspiration and musical benefit for all.
Piano Partner 2 free app
The Piano Partner 2 app for iOS and Android mobile devices provides a friendly, interactive way to help you learn and enjoy music with your Roland digital piano and includes some great features.
- Songs — browse and select music from your Roland digital piano’s built in song library
- DigiScore Lite — displays music notation for the built in songs
- Rhythm — develop your sense of rhythm with accompaniment that follows the chords you play
- Flash Card game — fun challenges to develop ear-training and note-reading skills
- Remote Controller — control Roland digital piano functions from your mobile device
- Recorder — capture daily performances and listen back instantly
- Diary — track your daily activities and share progress statistics on social media such as Twitter
- Profiles — multiple users can track individual Diary data on one device
Download it for free from iTunes and Google Play!
Manufacturer Roland Model RP501R Dimensions(WxDxH) 1378 x 423 x 992 Weight 40.8Kg Keyboard 88 keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel) Keyboard Modes Whole, Split, Twin Piano Sound Source SuperNATURAL Internal Sounds
- Grand Piano: 11 tones
- Other: 305 tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
Polyphony 128 Note Effects
- Ambience (Off, 10 levels)
- Brilliance (21 levels)
- Only for Piano Tones:
- Damper Resonance (Always On)
- String Resonance (Always On)
- Key Off Resonance (Always On)
Sequencer Approx. 30,000 notes Rhythms 72 Types x 2 Variations Connectivity
- DC In jack
- Input jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Output jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B
- USB MEMORY port: USB Type A
- Phones jacks x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Song Select
- Top of song
- All Songs Play
- Song Balance
- Center Cancel
Speakers 8 x 12cm Output Power 12 Watts x 2 Included Accessories
- Owner’s manual
- Assembly manual
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cord (for AC Adaptor)
- Headphone hook
- Music rest
Write Your Own Review