Just when you think that audio production software has peaked you can always trust Steinberg to lift the bar even further. The new Steinberg Cubase 10 Digital audio software series is here complete with a more streamlined workflow but with additional production power so that you can get right to the heart of your music.
What's new in 10?
As with previous Cubase releases, you have three flavours to choose from, Professional, Artist and Elements. Each to suit your needs and budget. What is new across all three versions though is:
- Streamlined contextual menus for events for a cleaner workflow
- Adding and routing tracks has also been made a much cleaner experience
- Performance has been upgraded, especially for systems with over 14 cores
- Hitpoint detection algorithm has been greatly improved for better results
- Upgraded resampling quality so that you get the best audio quality
Cubase 10 also comes with a plethora of inspiring audio content just waiting for you to get your hands on. In total, 5 gigabytes of sounds from acclaimed audio producers cover a range of genres including techno, soul, hip-hop, experimental ambience and movie soundtrack. Of course, all of your own audio content and 64-bit plug-ins can be used with Cubase 10 and the process of that has also been upgraded thanks to the ability to drag and drop external plug-ins.
What does the artist version get me?
The artist edition is aimed at the musicians and songwriters that need powerful tools but without some of the complexity that the professional package involves. Additionally, should you wish to upgrade, Steinberg offers a discounted upgrade path.
- Easy side chaning to easily free up channels for more instruments
- Built in destroyer adds subtle warm analog overtones through to absolute meltdown
- MPE support for easy connectivity of MPE controllers
- Newly designed channel strip for easier control over functionality
- Easy drag and drop effects rack
Steinberg Cubase has been one of the best DAW's around since its inception in 1989. With every new release the musicians and producers of today gain even more powerful tools that allow you to create any music in your imagination. Unleash that creativity today and let Cubase 10 help you to put your potential into practice.
Manufacturer Steinberg Model Cubase 10 Artist Digital Audio Workstation Software Requirements Mac OS X 10.12 / 10.13 Windows 64-Bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10 General Requirements
- 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- 20 GB free HD space
- 1440 x 900 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
- Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 support (Windows only)
- USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- OS compatible audio hardware (ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance)
- Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personal / product registration. Additional downloads may be required for the installation.
Write Your Own Review