The Truetone 1 SPOT Pro CS12 12 Way Power Brick offers a one-stop solution to keeping your pedalboard powered with a consistent supply. Designed to meet the demands of the most elaborate of setups that incorporates virtually every conceivable voltage requirement, the 1 SPOT Pro CS12 is a solid and reliable workhorse that allows you to crack on with making beautiful music.
1 SPOT technology
The key to Truetone's success lies in the 1 SPOTs ability to power multiple units from a single supply. The CS12 benefits from this design and upscales it to provide 12 outputs with varying voltage options to choose from. Whether you've got stompboxes, multi-effects, analogue or digital pedals, the CS12 is good to go.
Each output clearly states the voltage level, with a certain level of allowance relating to some outputs, as long as the total current draw from the pedal is less than 1900mA. Therefore, you could feasibly connect a 300mA pedal to a 200mA output without causing an issue. However, there are some outputs that should only be used with very specific units. In these instances, Truetone have included rather useful red warning labels around those outputs to prevent the chances of you accidentally frying a pedal.
The CS12 also includes a 9V AC (800mA) output, which is designed specifically for pedals that require a 9V AC (not DC) supply such as Line 6 or Digitech. There is a two-position input voltage switch on the rear of the panel that relates to the 9V AC output, allowing you to adjust the setting in accordance with the output voltage from the wall outlet you are using. Truetone have gone to great lengths to make this the most versatile unit in the 1 SPOT Pro series.
The 1 SPOT Pro CS12 offers immense power for a wide selection of pedals. Therefore, to prevent any noise from impairing the pristine quality of your tone, each output is independently isolated to eliminate noise. You can happily switch between pedals, safe in the knowledge that unwanted bangs, clicks or pops are a thing of the past. The 9V AC output does include a small transformer, but it too is completely isolated as with the other outputs to also eliminate noise interference.
Another simple but highly useful feature of the 1 SPOT is that it can be used anywhere in the world. Internal switch power supply technology means that you don't have to use additional transformers to attenuate voltage, the 1 SPOT Pro does it all for you so that you can get on with doing what you do best.
The 1 SPOT Pro CS12 is built using solid steel, which makes it ideal for gigging musicians who need a hardwearing and hardworking piece of kit. Whether you're popping out to play a gig in your local or are embarking on a round the world adventure, the 1 SPOT Pro will be with you every step of the way. Thanks to the low-profile design of the 1 SPOT Pro CS12, it can be mounted under flat pedalboards. Alternatively, it can also be mounted on top, making it adaptable enough to slot into any setup with ease.
Manufacturer Truetone Model 1 SPOT Pro CS12 12 Way Power Brick Dimensions (H x W x D) 50 x 206 x 86 mm (2 x 8.12 x 3.37-inches) - dimensions of power supply only, not including cables or packaging. Weight 1.06 kg (2.35 lbs.) - weight of power supply only, not including cables or packaging. Input Voltage 2-position Switch 115/230V~ Output Voltages
- Outputs 1-2: 18VDC (100mA)
- Outputs 3-6: 9VDC or 12VDC (100mA)
- Output 7: 9VDC or variable 4-9VDC (100mA)
- Outputs 8-9: 9VDC (250mA)
- Outputs 10-11: 9VDC (500mA)
- Output 12: 9VAC (800mA) - Be careful with this one! It is only for pedals that can handle AC voltage. If your pedal can use a battery, do NOT use this output!
- (2) DC26 (5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs; 26” (660mm) – Purple
- (2) DC22 (5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs; 22” (559mm) – Blue
- (4) DC18 (5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs; 18” (457mm) – White
- (3) DC12 (5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs; 12” (305mm) – Yellow
- (1) AC21 (5.5x2.5mm barrel plugs; 21” (533mm) – Red
- Converter Plugs:
- (1) CL6 – (5.5x2.1mm barrel input, 5.5x2.5-barrel output; reverse polarity) Green – for Line 6 DL4/M9/etc. and some Eventide pedals.
- (1) CYR – (5.5x2.1mm barrel input, 5.5x2.1-barrel output; reverse polarity) Red – reverse polarity converter
- (2) C35 – (5.5x2.1mm barrel input, 3.5mm male output; tip positive) Black – 3.5mm (1/8”) plug converter
- (1) CBAT – (5.5x2.1mm barrel input, Black battery clip output) Connects to battery clip wires inside pedals that do not have DC jacks. Do NOT connect to a battery!
Write Your Own Review