Korg Kross 2-61-MB 61-Key Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard
Korg Kross 2-61-MB 61-Key Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard
- FREE delivery for orders above £15
About This Product
KROSS 2, the long-awaited successor of the KROSS, is a compact, portable workstation with a huge range of sounds. While maintaining its identity as ultra-lightweight, compact, and capable of running on batteries, this new model dramatically enhances KROSS’s sounds and functionality. In addition to a total of more than a thousand preset sounds, expansion PCM memory has been newly added. Also new is a pad sampler that allows full-fledged sampling, and USB audio/MIDI interface functionality. The colour scheme is even more stylish, and the user interface allows intuitive operation even by beginners.
Effortlessly select the sound that you want to play, shape it to match your imagination, sample a sound, create phrases and rhythms, record your vocal or guitar, bring KROSS 2 on stage, and perform. Whatever your artistic vision, you can make it happen. KROSS 2 is a versatile synthesizer platform made with creative freedom in mind.
- A rich selection of more than 1,000 powered-up presets
- 128MB of expansion PCM memory is built-in, and option libraries are supported
- The rich expressive power of the EDS-i sound engine, and a rich selection of effects with 134 types
- Superb sampling functionality and 16 sampler pads
- A panel layout that lets you access functions without confusion
- Realtime control section for quick parameter editing
- Favourite function lets you register and instantly recall up to 128 frequently-used sounds
- Quick layer/split can be specified by a single button
- Ultra-lightweight compact body; the 61-key model weighs only 3.8 kg, the lightest in its class
- Long operating life, with six AA batteries allowing up to seven hours of use
- A colour lineup with a peerless finish that exceeds its class
- Audio player/recorder that can be easily triggered by the pads
- Sequencer, drum track, and arpeggiator to support your song production
- A rich array of input jacks for singer-instrumentalists or vocoder performance without requiring additional equipment
- Also functions as a USB audio interface
- No. of Keys: 61 keys
- Max. Polyphony: 120 voices (120 oscillators) Single Mode, 60 voices (60 oscillators) Single Mode (The actual maximum polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings such as stereo multi-samples and velocity crossfading.)
- Touch Response: Velocity Sensitive; Aftertouch not supported
- System: EDS-i（Enhanced Definition Synthesis - integrated）
- Display: 240 × 64 pixel LCD backlight, Adjustable contrast (hold the EXIT button and turn the VALUE dial)
- Insert Effects: 5 Insert Effects In-line processing; stereo in - stereo out
- Master Effects: 2 Master Effects Two effects sends; stereo in - stereo out
- Effects Types: Total of 134 types (select from 74 types for insert effects, 101 types of master effect 1, and 120 types for master effect 2)
- Effects Modulation: Dynamic Modulation
- Effects Control Bus: Stereo side-chaining for limiter, gates, vocoders, etc.
- Preset PCM Memory: Approximately 128 MB (calculated as 48 kHz / 16-bit linear PCM data equivalent), 496 multi-samples (including seven stereo), 1014 drum-samples (including 49 stereo)
- Oscillator Program: OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers.
- Filters Program: Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB), Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Modulation Program: For each voice, two envelope generators (Filter & Amp), two LFOs, two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp), and two AMS mixers. In addition, pitch EG, common LFO, and two common key tracking generators
- Timbres Combination: Up to 16 timbres, switchable via key zone or velocity zone, layer and crossfade supported, Tone Adjust function allows program settings to be offset
- Master Keyboard Functionality: These allow you to control external MIDI devices
- Drum Kits: Stereo and mono drum samples, 4-way velocity switches with crossfades and adjustable crossfade shapes (Linear, Power, Layer).
- Drum Kits User Combinations: 896 Combinations (384 Preload)
- Drum Kit User Programs: 1280 Programs (768 Preload)
- User Drum Kits: 58 Drum Kits (42 Preload)
- Drum Kit Preset Programs: 265 Programs (256 GM2 Programs + 9 GM2 Drum Programs)
- Drum Track Preset Pattern: 772 patterns (Held in common with sequencer patterns.), Trigger Mode / Sync / Zone settings can be specified
- Number of Memories: 128 (16 favourites × 8 banks)
- Built-in Songs: 16 preset/16 user template songs (Sequencer), Up to 200 songs
- Arpeggiator: One arpeggiator (Program Mode), Two Arpeggiators (Combination Mode), Two Arpeggiators (Sequence Modes), UP/DOWN/ALT1/ALT2/RANDOM (Preset Arpeggio Pattern),
- Number of arpeggio patterns: 1280 (1024 preload)
- Number of tones: 12 tones (User Arpeggio Patterns)
- Number of steps: up to 64 steps
- Sequencer Tracks: 16 MIDI Tracks
- Number of Songs Sequencer: Up to 128 songs
- Sequencer Maximum Memory: Up to 210,000 MIDI events
- Sequencer Preset Patterns: 772 patterns (shared with Drum Track patterns)
- Pads Sampler: 16 pads × 8 banks
- Recording Format: PCM audio format 48kHz/16bit
- General Control: Pitch bend wheel, Modulation wheel, SW1, SW2
- Connectors: 3.5mm Stereo Mini Phone Jack Line In, 1/4") Phone Jacks Mic In, 1/4" phone jacks Audio Output L/Mono-R, 3.5mm Stereo Mini Phone Jack Headphone Output, MIDI In/Out, USB connector TYPE B x 1, USB-MIDI interface, USB audio interface, One SD Card Slot
- Power Supply: AC adaptor power supply DC 9V, AA alkaline batteries x 6, or nickel-metal hydride batteries x 6
- Battery Life: AA alkaline batteries x 6: Approximately 6 hours, AA nickel-metal hydride batteries (1900mAh) x 6: Approximately 7 hours
- Power Consumption: 5W
- Included Accessories: AC adapter, Quick Start Guide
- Dimensions: 935 mm (W) × 269 mm (D) x 88 mm (H) / 36.81" (W) × 10.59" (D) × 3.46" (H)
- Weight: 3.8 kg / 8.38 lbs (excluding batteries)
Frequently Asked Questions
A House of Music & Expression
Supporting and championing musicians at every step of their journey since 1898.
We offer free next day delivery for orders over £15.
Quick and easy checkout with multiple ways to pay.
All of your purchases are backed by our 3-year warranty.